Tuesday 25 June 2013

Art connection - blog the 25th

Today I attended a 'public consultation' for Regional Arts Australia in Kalgoorlie at the Goldfields Arts Centre - function room

The attendees were a varied group, from practicing artists, gallery owners, community arts groups, local government, state government, federal government and other interested parties.

We had a great discussion on community connections, promotion, arts practice and professional developments needs.
The contributions were interesting and diverse. 

I met the artistic director for the 2014 RAA national conference and festival. 
Mr Ben Fox. (He has a QR Code on his card! Yay)

Then we were asked about what we thought the conference should include, I suggested an online - interactive presence. (Now I have to put my money where my mouth is and give some examples of what I mean.. Any links to share PLN?)

In all a good experience and gathered a lot of information.

This was on display - beautiful work of hand dyed & printed cotton - artist name not there, but I can find out if interested.

I believe the skirt is recycled 'sample bags' from the mines. I would love to learn more about the process. 

Yours in Arts
@kalgrl
#blogjune
Blog every day for June 

No comments:

Post a Comment